Use of Customer Information
Personal and Financial Information Collected
Go Dive Brisbane uses Google Analytics to collect certain information of users/customers to measure what pages and features are accessed by our visitors. This information helps us administer the site, improve content and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
The Go Dive Brisbane website may contain links to other websites not affiliated with Go Dive Brisbane, including websites of Go Dive Brisbane' s vendors and service providers. Go Dive Brisbane is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. By including links to other websites, we neither endorse such sites nor guarantee that the information they contain is accurate. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site to read the privacy statements of every linked website as the privacy policies of each may differ from ours. This privacy statement applies solely to website owned or operated by Go Dive Brisbane.
Go Dive Brisbane is under no obligation to monitor the conduct of its website users, but it may investigate and respond if violations are reported. Go Dive Brisbane reserves the right to delete, remove or exclude any listing or information, in its sole discretion, that does not meet its intent and guidelines for the services offered on the website.
We are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to the personal information you provide to us, and we maintain commercially reasonable procedures and technology designed for this purpose. This website has reasonable technical and organizational security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures. Although we cannot guarantee that our systems are 100% secure 100% of the time, periodical updates and tests are conducted to the technology in order to improve the protection of customer information.
We suggest that you install anti-virus software on your computer and routinely check for viruses, keyloggers, spyware and other programs that may become installed on your computer without your permission. If you believe that you have received a virus from Go Dive Brisbane, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may take remedial measures to remove the virus.
Contact Information and Currency
This website is based on prices in Australian Dollars only.
BOOKING CONDITIONS - Dive Trips
- Dive trips may need to be postponed due to poor conditions or lack of numbers without warning.
- The destination of trips is subject to weather and dive conditions.
- You are fit to dive and have had no medical conditions that may affect your ability to dive.
- You are not on any prescription medications that may affect my ability to dive.
- You must show proof of dive certification to dive staff on day of dive.
- A safety sausage, dive whistle and dive knife are essential safety equipment and must be carried by all certified divers.
- Divers are advised to wait a minimum of 18 hours before flying in a pressurised aircraft. Where divers have performed multiple dives over multiple days, a wait of 24 hours is advised.
- A light Snack is provided between dives. If you would like to bring lunch, space is provided on the boat
- If hiring dive equipment from “Go Dive”, you will need to clean equipment before returning it. Go Dive will provide cleaning solution and if not cleaned you will be charged a $20 cleaning fee.
- If hiring scuba equipment from “Go Dive” and equipment is lost or broken, you will be responsible for financial replacement.
- Please call “Go Dive” on 3857 1907 the afternoon prior to departure to ensure that the schedule has not changed.
- You accept these conditions and accept that if you do not follow them you will forfeit the booking fee.
When was the last time you dived? You may need to complete a scuba update.
Number of Dives
Update required if you haven’t dived within the last
9 - 25
If you haven’t dived within the last two years we require you to complete a Scuba Tune Up if you wish to dive with us.
Payment and cancellation policy - Dive trips
Please remember Go Dive Brisbane does not want to cancel trips to any location or on any boat so the following payment and cancellation policies apply -
- Payment Required on day of booking
- Cancellation within 5 days of dive date - 100% of Trip cost
- Re-scheduling or transfers $50
- please read this in conjunction Coronavirus Commercial Policy
This policy has to be followed by all Go Dive Brisbane staff and every customer. Without your cooperation cancelled trips not only leave disappointed
divers but also cost “Go Dive” and our boat operators. This ultimately affects the price of future dive trips. Thank you for understanding.
Refunds via PAYPAL or 'STRIPE'(Credit Card)
We pay refunds back to the payment method used to make the original purchase. As Paypal and Stripe no longer refund the fees to the seller when a refund is requested by the purchaser, we are no longer able to offer full refunds. The Paypal fee of 2.9% will be deducted from your refund. Different Credit Cards attract various fees, ranging from 1.5% to 3%.
BOOKING CONDITIONS - Course
Welcome to the program. At Go Dive Brisbane we regard a booking as a firm commitment from both you and Go Dive Brisbane. Your booking on this course is subject to the following conditions…
- Start today! Please pick up your text books and complete all required knowledge reviews before your starting date.
- Medicals may be needed for Openwater courses. All other courses need divers to fill out Medical Questionnaire prior to start.
- No Flying is allowed for 12 – 24 hours after diving in Pool or Ocean. If you have a concern ask Instructor to work out a plan for you
- YOU HAVE 12 MONTHS FROM THE COURSE BOOKING DATE TO COMPLETE YOUR COURSE
Please be clear on our Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellation or Transfers with more than 14 days notice… $50 admin fee
- Cancellation (or transfer of course starting dates) inside last 14 days of start… $150 admin fee
- 100% cancellation & Transfer fee applies within 5 days of course start Date.
- There are NO Refunds once a course has been started.
- The destination of Dives can be changed without warning Due to Acts of Mother Nature or scheduling problems.
- Are you over 45, have a BMI greater than 30? Do You Suffer from Asthma, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, and Epilepsy, any past Lung Problems, any heart conditions? If you answer is YES to any you WILL have to seek a dive medical. (Please tell and ask staff. Failing a medical will not exclude you from the Cancellation Policy if you have waited longer then 7 days after you booked your course to complete a dive medical).
- Please take a copy of these conditions. Exceptions cannot be made. Policy is accepted by booking a course and/or signing the booking sheet.
- please read this inconjunction Coronavirus Commercial Policy
Not Finishing Sections of Training Course Policy
If you don’t complete any section of the course, a cost will be charged to make up that part or parts of the program. This could include the following as examples; sickness, missing departure times, need more practice, fear, seasickness on dive boats, turning up affected by alcohol or drugs. The cost varies e.g. 2 boat dives including Gear Hire is $230. If part of your course was cancelled due to acts of mother nature, you are entitled to reschedule for up to 12 months after course start date at no charge.
When booking on to a course that has E'Learning components(Open Water Course, Re-Activeate, Enriched Air etc), those components are non - refundable once it has been allocated to a person. The allocation to a person happens within an hour of booking in most circumstances.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full kilogram.
You may return most new, unopened items within 14 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within two weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Last Update 1st January 2021