Advanced Open Water Diver Course Silver
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They're what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don't have to be “advanced” to take it – it's designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course.
The Go Dive SILVER Advanced Open Water Diver course consists of a combination of shore diving and boat diving. The course is designed to help you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you've learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You'll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to two core and three elective dives over one double dive day at the Gold Coast doing shore dives and on triple dive day on Go Dive’s boat to dive in the Moreton Bay Marine Park:
Shore Diving at the Tweed River (Two Dives)
- Night Dive – Experience navigation at night using compass and natural features, while also communicating with hand signals and dive lights. Enjoy the wonders of the underwater world and the marine life that comes alive after dark.
- Drift Dive - Enjoy a comfortable, easy relaxed dive, avoiding long swims. Scuba dive alongside amazing marine life which spends their days drifting in the currents. Our local area sometimes is affected by tides and currents - this is a great way of experiencing the correct manner to dive in these conditions.
Triple Dive Day aboard Go Dive’s boat - Dive Quest
- Deep Dive - Core Skills Dive - Experience the excitement and wonder of what lies below 18 metres. We will dive to the keel of the wreck of the EX HMAS BRISBANE. Once certified, you with then be able to explore previously unseen deeper sights to 30 metres.
- Underwater Navigation - Core Skills Dive - Ever wondered how an experienced diver finds their way around a dive site so easily? On the Underwater Navigation dive you will learn some of the secrets of navigation, including compass use and using the natural environment to assist you. You will never be lost again!!
- Peak Performance Buoyancy - Master your buoyancy and glide effortlessly, conserve air and ascend, descend, or hover almost as if by thought. Mastering neutral buoyancy is one of the most difficult, but most important skills a scuba diver can achieve.
- Advanced Open Water Course with Nitrox Course Piggyback - For just $250 extra, Why not complete the Nitrox course while doing your Advanced Course and do all five of your course dives on Nitrox. You will then not only be Advanced certified but be Nitrox certified as well.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving.
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- Effective use of your underwater compass.
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
- How to safely conduct a night dive using dive lights and night communication techniques.
- Drift diving considerations, techniques and practical application.
- Techniques and practice to improve your underwater buoyancy.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Additionally you will be introduced to other specialty equipment dependent on the adventure dive being undertaken. You will need to have a torch and slate. You may work with dive floats and/or various weight carrying options.
The Learning Materials You Need
This course is done with PADI Adventures in Diving manual. Once signed up you will be given your course materials and your adventure starts. Complete the modules before the dives and you are set for the most awesome adventure.
Your Next Adventure
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the GO DIVE BRISBANE Team members.