The Go Dive GOLD Advanced Open Water and EANX Diver course is an entirely boat diving course (no lugging equipment into and out of shore dives). The course is designed to help you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water, as well as certifying you to dive with enriched air. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt, gain two certifications, while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you've previously learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You'll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to two core and three elective dives on Go Dive’s boat diving in the Moreton Bay Marine Park:
Two Dive Days aboard Go Dive’s boat - Dive Quest
- Deep Dive - Core Skills Dive - Experience the excitement and wonder of what lies below 18 metres. We will dive to depths between 20 and 30m at one of our deeper dive sites. Once certified, you with then be able to explore deeper sites around the world that were previously out of reach.
- Underwater Navigation - Core Skills Dive - Ever wondered how an experienced diver finds their way around a dive site so easily? On the Underwater Navigation dive you will learn some more secrets of navigation, including advanced compass navigation and using the natural environment to assist you. You will never be lost again!!
- Drift Adventure Dive - Enjoy a comfortable, easy relaxed dive, avoiding long swims. Scuba dive alongside amazing marine life which spends their days drifting in the currents. Our local area sometimes is affected by tides and currents - this is a great way of experiencing the correct manner to dive in these conditions.
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB) Adventure Dive – Learn about use of DSMBs, including inflating and swimming underwater towing your inflated DSMB at the surface, as well as surfacing and retrieving DSMBs. This adventure dive will also credit you with Dive 1 of the DSMB Course should you later elect to gain a DSMB specialist certification.
- Enriched Air (Nitrox) Dive - Complete the Nitrox course while doing your Advanced Course to gain your EANX certification. You will then not only be Advanced certified but be Nitrox certified as well.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
FROM JUST $849, Special Now from $799 You'll Learn
The knowledge and skills you will get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving.
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- Effective use of your underwater compass.
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
- Drift diving knowledge and skills.
- When and how to use a DSMB competently when not on the surface.
- Certification to dive with enriched air
The Scuba Gear You Use
You will use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Additionally. you will be introduced to other specialty equipment dependent on the adventure dive being undertaken. You will need to have a finger reel with a minimum of 30m of line, a Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (capable of being attached to a finger reel), plus a torch and a slate. You will also learn how to use a variety of enriched air analysers.
No Courses Found