Unfortunately Chuuk is still not open to travellers, nor airlines ready to transport us on the scheduled booking. We are confirming dates for Truk Lagoon 2023 and will advise as soon as we have these to hand.
2023 Truk Lagoon trip will have all of the inclusions of the planned trip below - but will have new dates and may have new pricing reflecting current state of economy.
Dive the famous “Truk Lagoon”
If you are at all interested in shipwrecks, or history in World War II - you’ll likely already be aware of the ‘Ghost Fleet’ and ‘Operation Hailstone’ in 1944 that resulted in the sinking of over 100 Japanese ships and aircraft over the course of three days.
From ‘Zero’ fighting planes through to Massive Water Carriers, Merchant Ships and even an Imperial Submarine, these wrecks scatter what was once a major Japanese base during WWII.
Diving these wrecks is usually associated with calm seas, in warm and clear waters.
This trip does require divers to have minimum qualification of Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent) to ensure divers have confidence and experience in deep water diving as most of these large ships do not lie in shallow water. This is also a very remote location , so Rescue Diver (or equivalent) is very highly recommended for you and your buddys safety and best enjoyment.
Your trip guide also recommends qualification in Deep and Wreck Diver training to allow you to penetrate the wrecks with competence. You can still attend with lesser qualifications, however you and your buddy may not be able to experience the best this location has to offer, as you will remember during your SCUBA education – you will need to abide by your qualification limits.
From $3595 per Diver
This trip package includes:
* Flights ex Brisbane to Weno, Chuuk.
* Airport Transfers to Blue Lagoon Resort, Weno (Please be advised these are dependent on the state of the pandemic and Air Nugini starting their flights again)
* 8 Nights Twin Share Accommodation – Blue Lagoon Resort (with ensuite)
* Late Check out on final day
* 12 boat dives (6 double trips)
* Single Tanks, Weights hire
* Dive Guide services on all dives
* Dive Locker for equipment storage
* Complimentary extra dive if timing allows
* Complimentary lunch by dive centre (final dive day)
* Complimentary use of kayaks
This trip package does not include:
* Travel Insurance
* Diver Evacuation Insurance (DAN) Recommended for all dive travel
* Truk Diver Permit $50USD per person
* Truk Departure Tax ($30USD as of 2021) per person
* Any equipment hire not listed above/Nitrox Fills etc.
Confirmed (Booking Form Received) Divers:
- Diver Di (Trip Leader)
- Hugh R
- John R
- Chris J
- Mark S
- Michelle L
- Chris L
- Robyn T
- Susan L
- TBC - Rob M
- TBC - Dennis B