Chuuk Atoll, (also Known as Truk) in the Caroline Islands is infamous for its giant lagoon. The lagoon is the final resting place for more than 100 ships, planes and submarines - the legacy of a fierce World War II battle between the Imperial Japanese Fleet and Allied carrier planes. The lagoon has been declared an underwater museum. Souvenir taking of relics from the area are prohibited by law. Nowhere else in the world are there so many wrecks in close proximity, situated in shallow clear water. Many of the wrecks are visible while snorkelling and there are many on-shore wartime locations to visit.
The majority of the wrecks lie off DubIon, Eten, Fefan and Uman Islands and represent the largest naval loss in history. Their cargoes of tanks, trucks, airplanes, mines, bombs, machine gun bullets and thousands of other artefacts including beautiful china are there still to be explored. The warm, tropical waters and prolific marine life has transformed the wrecks into artificial reefs and beautiful coral gardens. The main island of Weno (formerly Moen) is the capital and commercial centre.
BLUE LAGOON RESORT & DIVE
Special Group Departure
12 Days, 11 Nights ex Brisbane
• Return flights Ex Brisbane to Truk - with Air Niugini
• 11 nights twin share accommodation at Blue Lagoon Resort in Truk Lagoon including return airport transfers
• 20 boat dives in Truk including tanks, weights & dive guide services
• Use of dive locker and use of Kayak
BONUS GROUP INCLUSIONS : (minimum group of 8)
• Use of kayaks and dive locker
• 1 Complimentary dive with Blue Lagoon Dive Shop
• Complimentary lunch on the last day of diving
• Australian departure taxes and applicable airline taxes (subject to change)
Cost Does Not Include:
• Travel insurance, personal spending money and any excess luggage surcharges
• Truk Lagoon dive permit $50.00 USD per person
• Local departure taxes ex Truk USD $20 per person
• Sorb, Helium or extra tanks for technical vers - Available with prior notice.
Booking Conditions apply :
Prices subject to change at any time without notice due to currency fluctuations and supplier rate changes. The package is currently based on 1 AUD = 0.74 USD. - see terms and conditions as per Dive Adventures web site www.diveadventures.com.au
Booking requirements :
Booking Reference # S-21297
Booking Link - Truk Lagoon 2019 with Submersiblehuman & GoDive Brisbane