Kavieng PNG 2017
Kavieng is situated at the northern tip of New Ireland, a long narrow island, 90 minutes flight from Port Moresby. It has often been described as a "typical Somerset Maughan south sea island port".
The New Irelanders are a friendly people who have maintained their traditional lifestyle. Their main traditional culture is related to the Malagan concept, which embodies the relationships central to the social organisation and kinship ties linking social groups in the villages. The Malagan themes are reflected in their stylistically distinctive carvings and art traditions.
During WWII, Kavieng was at the front line of the Japanese’ southward advance and many of New Ireland’s towns, infrastructure and industry was destroyed. The area is littered with silent reminders of those days gone by both above and under the water.
Kavieng and the surrounding area offers a range of accommodation, beautiful beaches and excellent reef and wreck diving. A road links north to south and is made from crushed coral. Travel is easier by boat and the interesting Malangan culture in the northern and central part of the island is unique within the Pacific. Sorcery, shark calling, surfing, snorkeling, diving and gourmet seafood including coconut crabs, crayfish, reef-fish and unpolluted shellfish make New Ireland and its outer islands an escapists dream.
21st - 29th August 2017
From $2,745 per diver
NUSA ISL. & SCUBA VENTURES
Special Group Departure
9 days / 8 nights ex Brisbane
from $ 2,745 per Diver
• Return flights ex Brisbane to Kavieng via Port Moresby flying with Air
• Return airport transfers ex Kavieng to Nusa Island by road and boat
• 8 nights twin share Standard Room accommodation with shared facilities at
Nusa Island Retreat
• 12 boat dives with the use of tanks, weights & dive guide services (based on
2 dives per day) PLUS: 2 residual air dives on shallow plane wrecks; free
shore dives at Scuba Ventures Jetty in the afternoons up until 5pm (divers
responsible for transfer to and from Nusa with Nusa transfer boat); complimentary
Group DVD slide show and individual copy of DVD for each diver
• discounted NITROX 32 fills
• Complimentary Sundowner harbour cruise with drinks and snacks
• Australian departure and applicable airline taxes (approx. $370 and subject
Optional accommodation upgrade:
Twin share Premium Room accommodation with ensuite: from $ 175 per person
Price does not include:
• Travel Insurance
• PNG Visa fees if applicable (no charge at present for Australian citizens)
• Environment and Safety Fee of PGK12.00 per person per dive day
• Meals and personal spending money
Booking conditions apply : Prices subject to change at any time without
notice due to supplier rate changes. Airfares are subject to change. Minimum 6
divers required for this special to be valid. See other terms and conditions as per
the Dive Adventures website: www.diveadventures.com.au
Booking requirements :
To secure your place on this trip, you will need to complete an online Booking
Form and return it together with a non-refundable deposit amount of $500 per person.
Booking Ref: S-20408 13102016
- Kylie D.
- Chris R.
- Karen R.